About the job
Pollie is building digital programs for complex chronic conditions for females, starting with PCOS. Our mission is to redefine the patient experience and improve outcomes for conditions like PCOS, endometriosis, thyroid imbalances, autoimmune disorders, and digestive disorders, which are estimated to impact over 30% of the female population.
We are a Denver-based and venture-backed start up with a remote team. Pollie is looking for a full stack founding engineer to build technology that powers our consumer and provider platforms. You’ll manage the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment and you will have a hand at shaping the product and company and engineering org as it grows. You will have experience building functionality from scratch and iterating quickly and you’re excited about joining a pre-seed startup in healthcare.
- Participate in the design and creation of scalable software solutions
- Own large parts of the product roadmap and development
- Write effective APIs and integrate with other systems and services
- Work closely with product, designers, and engineering contractors
- Implement best-practice security and data protection features (understanding HIPAA requirements is a plus, as is willingness to become an expert)
- As a founding engineer, you will be responsible for setting up the initial engineering function and have the opportunity to grow and lead the the engineering organization over time
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer building mobile and web applications
- Comfortable working with limited resources and learning new frameworks as you go
- Expertise with modern development frameworks: frontend (React), backend (Node.js)
- Experience with AWS, relational databases, REST APIs
- Extremely comfortable making build vs buy decisions
- Experience launching mobile apps on both Apple and Android stores, or desire to learn quickly
- You’re organized, able to iterate quickly, and meet deadlines
- You can navigate ambiguity and you operate well in situations where information or requirements change constantly
- Experience building software in the healthcare space
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan
- Unlimited time off - and we mean it!
- Home work-space stipend or co-working membership
Don’t have all the required experience, but still think you’d be a good fit? We would still love to hear from you!