Legacy (YC S19) is a Series B startup focused on the fast-growing field of fertility and family planning. Founded at Harvard three years ago, the company has raised close to $50M from leading investors like FirstMark Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, Section 32, and celebrities like Justin Bieber. The company has raised 4 rounds of venture funding in 2.5 years. Today, Legacy is the category leader, working with major insurers, major employers, and the military, in addition to its D2C offering.
What do we do?
We are building a complete digital health hub for future parents. We aim to change the outdated view that fertility is a "women's issue" by creating an accessible, affordable product for men. This includes everything from a mail-in kit for sperm testing & sperm freezing, personalized sperm improvement products, tele-health, DNA fragmentation analysis, supplements, and more.
Engineering team and processes
We are a light engineering team that loves building high-value products to our customers efficiently and through rapid iteration. We don't believe in large bloated teams and we hold every engineer we hire to a high standard because we know how much fun it is to work with an incredibly smart and motivated team. Our core team is filled with engineers that are both hackers and product people, effectively translating our business strategy into technology that can get it done.
- 3-4 years of experience with PHP Laravel
- At least two years of development experience, working with product to define and refine requirements to produce efficient dev work
- At least two years of experience integrating third-party point solutions in order to quickly implement complex features
- At least one year of experience being the lead of big projects, preferably owning the idea end to end
- Ability to define, design, and implement projects with minimal oversight or reliance on other devs
- Has worked on teams, is vocal about managing scope
- Openness to constant feedback and a willingness to grow
- You will be working directly with our operations team to help them expand to multiple labs
- You will be working directly with the the tech team to write code with create code quality
- You’ll be helping design and create new procedures with our operations team to help automate their tasks
- You’ll be working alongside our Operations Product Manager to discuss what can and cannot be built, managing scope for the rest of the team
- You’ll be building mostly backend processes, but also prototyping front end UIs when necessary (support and guidance will be provided)
Why should you join us?
Look, there's lots of reasons to join any high-growth startup. "Get on a rocket ship" blah blah blah. If you're the kind of candidate we're looking for, then you already know this. Here are a few other reasons you might not already know:
We're a team of under 50 people, despite being at the Series B stage. You will be one of the first 50 employees and will profoundly impact where the company goes in the coming years.
Everyone thinks about becoming a parent. You will help couples on their journey to creating a family. You will help push society towards a fairer, more equitable place. You will be a trusted resource for men and women at the most intimate moment in their lives, including heterosexual couples, LGBTQ+ couples, and individuals who are thinking about how and when they'll want to have a family in the future.
We will invest in you like you wouldn't believe. Every single hire gets an executive coach. You'll get training for anything you need. We'll give you an unlimited 'Health & Wellness' stipend where we pay for 75% of anything you deem might improve your life (Mattresses, Pelotons, etc.) You'll have a 'buddy'. We'll set you up with a charity and match your contributions. And we will talk about your careers goals, aspirations, and feelings every single week.
(Oh - and of course you'll get the same health care, 401K, unlimited time off, and other perks that any serious company offers its team members today.)
Ultimately, we are here to win, and we believe that the best way to win is to help everyone bring their absolute best self to work. So our job is to help you be the best personal and professional version of yourself that you want to be.